Thursday, December 30, 2010

Beware....time for a venting

OK that's it, I've decided that dating websites are a complete waste of time. They're great if you own the site and like a vampire, suck the cash out of your members while you laugh deviously rubbing your greedy little hands together. But being a member plain old sucks. The sad thing about why this sucks is, I believe, caused by the members themselves! Allow me to explain.

Lately I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone, in the online world at least, and have sent lot's of emails out to many women including those that I wasn't particularly physically attracted to, I know that sounds a bit shallow but physical attraction is the first one to get your attention now isn't it?!? The messages I've been sending out have been rather light and fun and always leaving an open question about something in their profile.To my utter amazement I have not received one reply back from any of them. Now I'm not trying to be stuck up or egotistical but I think I'm a pretty good looking guy. My profile is written in a way that is very down to earth and easy going, partly because one of my female friends helped me write it so it's girl approved already. I have an OK picture up, not the best in my opinion but apparently according to pic rating sites, it rates pretty high.

This has made me think long and hard about why there's no reply's. My epiphany came when I looked at myself and my lifestyle. I think the reason that people, and not just women here, is all about comfort zone. They are just so stuck in their routine that they don't want to have anyone come into their life and mess up what they have going. I mean someone comes into your life and you have to check in with them and see if it's ok that you go out with your friends. Or you won't be able to do that thing you love to do because your new friend isn't into that at all, it's thought like that that I feel are the culprit. I may be naive and all with not so much relationship experience under my belt but I think that a relationship shouldn't mean the end of all the things that make you who you are. Your new friend found you attractive because of who you are so keep doing the things that makes you who you are. When you find that someone that accepts you have a life outside of your relationship and supports you in your passions (and vice versa), that's when you know you've found the one. And that is what I am looking for.

So a new challenge to those on dating sites looking for the 'one'. Girls, grow a pair and respond to the guy that messaged you. If you think they're cute and you like their profile honestly ask yourself what is holding you back from starting a conversation. It may turn into nothing, they might have the personality of a dead fish. Then again they could be something beyond words. You'll never know unless you try.

Rant complete, I feel better now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment