Thursday, September 9, 2010

A thought...

I had a thought the other day and thought I would write it down here. I read somewhere that writing (ok I'm typing it, give me a break) can help in remembering things. Besides, someone else might get something out of my drivelings.

I've always been one to say that I have an open mind as I feel everyone should have. No one can know everything or dismiss another persons opinion for I fear they may miss out on something that could change their lives. That being said I also strongly believe that it does not matter what other people think of you. Having a strong sense of self and confidence is a necessity in order to survive and grow.

What I came across is a conflict between being open minded while also ignoring anothers comments. I just can't seem to see how you can do both until it dawned on me, yes you can.

What I figured out is not to ignore the comments or opinions of others but to weigh the value that they have. This value can be based on whatever you like but I myself base it on who the comment is coming from. If the comment is coming from a very close friend I know I can value that comment highly. Likewise, if a comment comes from someone that I do not know at all, I can place a lower value on the comment. If a comment comes from someone that I do not get along with at all, I can place a very low if non-existent value on it and ignore them.

This way you can be open minded to new things or ideas and also hold your own beliefs about yourself.

Just a random thought.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment