Monday, March 15, 2010

Crash and burn...

I know I know it's been a little while since I wrote something here. I'm tryin I swear. Sometimes I just can't bring myself to think about things and just want to distract myself with mindless drivel. That's a bad thing I know, it's much better to live in the moment and focus on what you are doing and feeling. Doing so is what allows us to grow mentally and spiritually.
Enough of that, let's get on to what been going on.

The weekend before last and just after my previous post, I went over to Aroma at Y&E. I must say I really like the place. The food is awesome and the tea they bag themselves which is quite different compared to all the other coffee shops out there. I did however have a rather odd moment as I was sitting at the bar (not a booze bar, a coffee bar). This cute girl sat next to me and I caught her peeking. She had this humongous grin on her face and since I'm a sucker for smiles, I just had to start something. The conversation was great, she said she's a dancer, I asked what kind of dancer (get you head out of the gutter folks, there are other types of dancers out there)to which she replied, Jazz and ballet which she has been doing for the past 10 years. She also mentioned that she was finishing her last year of school and was going to take a year off to travel and such. I took that to mean that she was finishing college or university so I asked her what her focus was. I can't entirely remember how it came up but I started to work out her age from the info she had been giving me. Before I could come up with my guess she blurted out, "17, I'm just finishing my last year of high-school" !!!!!!. My age radar is seriously screwed up I tell ya, I was going to say I thought she was around 27. We both had a chuckle and by that time her order was ready at the counter.

Like many others, I'm up on a couple of dating websites. The all mostly "suck" for lack of a better word. I've come to understand two facts about online dating. Most guys go on these sites because they sincerely want to meet someone. I also have concluded that most women do not. I've been up on Fitness Singles for a while now. Been on Lava but F.S. seemed a bit more what I am looking for. Someone active and up for some fun. I found this one girl on there that I thought was pretty interesting so I sent her an email asking her if she had been catching much of the Olympics. 4 days go by and there was no reply whatsoever. Now normally I would have just walked away and ignored her but this time was different. I sent her another email, this time I was a little confrontational asking her if she was "the type of girl that flakes out all the time". I promised her that it would be ok if we talked for a bit that I'm not some psycho. Well she responded to that one and in a fun way accepting my self proclaimed "non-psycho" credentials. I sent her another email answering her small talk questions and asked her some as well. She had mentioned that I should "just ask her out for a walk" so I did. I invited her out to the Eaton Centre to do some clothes shopping. Honestly what girl would give up the chance to completely destroy a guys fashion sense I tell ya! Well she did, another 5 days goes by and no response again, this kind of behavior drives me nuts! To shorten the story, I've tried on two occasions now to set a first date on neutral grounds and so far she has yet to read the email with the second invite. It doesn't really matter though, there are tonnes of other women out there for me to meet. Now if I could only figure out where they go lol.

So there we have it, yeah that's pretty much all that's been happening. I know this makes me sound really boring and what not which is far from the truth, at least that's what I think. I have a feeling that this summer is going to be different for me though. In a lot of different ways too. I can't really say what it is but my way of thinking has changed considerably in such a short amount of time. When I look back at where I was a year, year and a half ago I can't help but feel so much happier with my life. I guess that's one reason why I've been putting so much effort into meeting new people (women mostly). I'd really like to share how I feel with someone close, you know what I mean? just kinda spread the happiness around a bit.

As you know it is Sunday and Sunday means leg day. It's a 'B' week which means not too heavy for those that are following my advice. I start my preseason dieting on May 1st and I can't wait to start. Off-season is great and all, you can eat pretty much what you want and all. The problem is you always feel bloated and heavy. Food after a while becomes more of a chore than something enjoyable. Preseason changes all of that to the opposite extreme, you're always hungry and near the end of 16 weeks you are so tired you can hardly walk. I tell ya what, I tell you more about that when I'm in the thick of it.

Later.

[Listening to: Watchin' Aliens II (a classic)]

No comments:

Post a Comment