Thursday, December 29, 2011

hummin' along ;)

The girl....

The interesting thing with life is that sometimes it hears what your needs are and delivers them. It's been just over four weeks since L and I met for that first coffee date. In that short time we've shared so much it feels like it's been a lot longer. I used to think when people were saying that "it will just happen" or "you'll just know" that they were full of shit. But this experience is slowly changing my perceptions. We both just feel so comfortable around each other and the level of passion between us is out of this world. There's definitely something here with which only time will tell the outcome. I know what I would like the outcome to be and I am pretty sure I know what she is wanting as well. I guess we'll just leave it to go how it goes. I'm sure it will work out for the best.

Work...Grrrr!

Work is driving me nuts!! I'm stuck in a job that has no growth potential at all right now. I was so happy when I landed the position as I was fed the usual crap about excellent opportunities. The pay they offered too didn't hurt. On the bright side of things, L has offered to send my resume to some contacts of hers. There happens to be a company (conveniently located around the corner from her office) that they are friends with the owners. With any luck I might be able to get in with an up and coming new company that has definite growth potential. Lately I've also have been giving some more thought to going a totally different direction, towards personal training. I've thought about it in the past when I was looking for work. At that point it was more of a 'just while I'm looking' kind of thing. My concerns are with regards to money. There really isn't that much unless you are in a 'trainer to the stars' kind of situation. But it's something that I enjoy doing and can see myself looking forward to getting up in the morning to do. That point has it's scary part too though. It's definitely my passion and I am so scared that doing it every day may take away the passion side of it and turn it into something I despise. I would hate for that to happen.


Training stuff

The Christmas break was not too bad considering I was on a massive sugar rush for about two weeks. It's going to take about a week for my blood sugar to come back down to normal levels lol. It's really opened my eyes as to how much simple sugars really effect me. I entered the break at 195lbs and this morning I weighed in at 204lbs. It's back to eating clean and light now and all the sugary goodness has been packed away for another day. I should be back down to the upper 190's in about a week or two. The interesting side of this is that I still have pretty good vascularity and I STILL can see my serratus anterior muscles which I've always used as an indicator of how lean I am getting while dieting. It seemed that my strength actually dropped off a bit while I was high on sugar. I attributed this to inflammation though as things were rather achy. Shoulders, elbows and knees were a bit sore. I'm sure that once the blood sugar gets back down and the fibre goes up things will get back to normal for me in that area. In the meantime it's ice, pensaid and massage to the rescue.

Next time....

I've been given a challenge of writing my "year in review" as L and her friends all do this. I've never done it myself heck I never considered myself a writer at all. I started this blog as a way of getting things off my chest and mind. I'm going to give this a go and see what comes out. In any event it will make me think about what happened to me this past year. Could be fun, scary and exciting but definitely enlightening.

keep training..

No comments:

Post a Comment