Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's spring but it doesn't feel like it....

So today is the first day of spring. I so couldn't wait any longer even though it really doesn't mean the pool's gonna open in the next few days or anything. I'm just that little bit happier that winter has come to an end and that warmer weather is coming sooner than later.

The progress on the work side of things hasn't gone as well as I had hoped. Those six, yes six, interviews I had a few weeks ago have not produced a thing. Not one of them has called me back or sent an offer. That was a real kick in the balls when I finally accepted that nothing is going to come from that flurry. I had pulled back from sending out more resumes as I was so convinced that something was going to come so now it's back to finding posts and sending more resumes out.

Lately though I've really started to think whether or not I want to continue with computers. I mean, I've been in the biz for going on 15+ years. Either working for myself, someone else or just being the friend that knows computers. I noticed about 4 years into my business that computers were starting to loose their allure they once had for me. 2 years after that I shut down the business. That was shortly after I started training at the gym. Lot's of changes going on back then. Looking back now they were all but the tip of the iceberg of changes that were to come.

I had come to the conclusion that I after the last contract, I was going to go to RMT school. After researching it though, talking with friends and some people in the biz, I determined that it wouldn't be the best choice. It's been 7 years now training hard and getting results to show for it and some friends of mine have said that I should get into personal training, that I do a good job of getting them motivated and on the right path towards their goals. That may be the path that I go down but I am leery as the money in the start is not all that good. In my hometown if you aren't pulling in at least $50K you're going to have a hard time getting by. From what I understand starting in personal training will pull in about $20K. That would be about enough to pay my rent and that's it.

I'll have to do some more research and call around to places before I make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment